Many people are worried that they cannot afford the cost of a lawyer after a car crash. This is not true! In Connecticut, Attorneys’ fees in a personal injury claim are set by statute and are determined on a contingency fee basis, meaning the recovery of a fee is dependent on a successful settlement or judgment after trial. Our fees are contingent on winning your case and here is how it works:
The fees are on a sliding scale and the percentages are set by Connecticut General Statutes Section 52-251c and are as follows:
- 33 and 1/3 percent) of the first Three Hundred Thousand Dollars ($300,000.00);
- 25 percent of the next Three Hundred Thousand Dollars ($300,000.00);
- 20 percent) of the next Three Hundred Thousand Dollars ($300,000.00);
- 15 percent of the next Three Hundred Thousand Dollars ($300,000.00); and,
- 10 percent of any amount in excess of One Million Two Hundred Thousand Dollars ($1,200,000.00).
These percentages apply to personal injury cases. Car accident cases and slip and fall claims are examples of personal injury cases that our firm handles each day. The lawyers in our firm have had settlements and verdicts that have helped people who have been injured pay for their medical bills and be compensated for their injuries. You CAN afford our legal fees!
Contact Logan Vance Sullivan & Kores LLP, we will fight for you to be compensated!