- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
John Logan is a personal injury attorney at Logan Vance Sullivan & Kores LLP in Torrington, Connecticut. He represents clients with matters related to motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice and products liability. After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Connecticut, he earned a J.D. with honors from Western New England University in 1982.
Attorney Logan has extensive experience representing clients in state and federal courts throughout the United States, including in divorce and custody trials, will contests, criminal cases, civil lawsuits, zoning appeals, and other contentious litigation proceedings. He has spent the past decade exclusively representing those who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of others.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Logan has successfully settled, mediated, arbitrated, tried and won a number of high-stakes matters before both judge and jury. In his pursuit of justice for his clients, he frequently faces off against governments and large businesses. When he briefed and fought cases before the Supreme Court of Connecticut, he succeeded in establishing new law in the state, which was crucial in securing justice for his injured client and for the general public.
Mr. Logan is a well-respected leader in the legal community of Connecticut, having served as chairman of the Connecticut Bar Association's (CBA) Standing Committee in Professional Ethics and as a current member of the committee. He often gives talks to legal professionals about the Rules of Professional Conduct and other ethical issues in the legal profession. He was a longtime representative from the Litchfield Judicial District to the CBA's governing bodies, the Board of Governors and the House of Delegates, and he served on and/or chaired a wide variety of CBA committees, commissions, and task forces. He served for nine years as a director of the Connecticut Bar Foundation, where he helped monitor grants to nonprofits in Connecticut that provide pro bono legal services. He is a prolific writer, having contributed to various Connecticut law journals.
After Mr. Logan's many years of dedicated service to the Association and its objectives, the CBA presented him with the John Eldred Shields Distinguished Professional Services Award in 2012.
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Connecticut
- B.A - 1978
- Connecticut, 1982
- Massachusetts, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- Connecticut Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
- Torrington-Winsted Rotary Club, Current Member and Past-president, 2 time recipient of the Paul Harris Fellowship
- John Eldred Shields Distinguished Professional Services Award, 2012
- SuperLawyer, 2006 - 2007, 2010 - 2016, 2018 – 2022
- Torrington Democratic Town Committee, Past Chair
- Town of Avon Inland Wetlands Commission, Past Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Current Member
- American Association of Justice, Current Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Current Member
- Litchfield County Bar Association, Current Member
- American Counsel Association, Past Member
- Connecticut Law Tribune Advisory and Editorial Board, Past Member
- Judicial Independence Task Force, Current Member
- CBA Awards Committee, Past Member
- CBA Nominations Committee, Past Member
- Connecticut Bar Journal Board of Editors, Past Member
- Task Force on Confidentiality and the Courts, Past Member
- Task Force on Lawyer's Trust Accounts, Past Member
- Task Force on CBA Executive Compensation, Past Member
- Connecticut Bar Foundation, Board of Directors and Chair of the Audit Committee, Past Member
- CBA’s Standing Committee in Professional Ethics, Member and Past Chairman