James F. Sullivan
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Class Action Litigation
Attorney Sullivan graduated with Honors from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 1992. While in law school he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Connecticut Law Review. After he graduated from law school, he began his career by clerking for Connecticut Supreme Court Justice Robert J. Callahan before he entered private practice. Upon graduation from law school, he clerked for the justice Robert Callahan of the Connecticut Supreme Court.
He has received numerous peer and professional recognitions including an AV rating with Martindale Hubbell, SuperLawyers, and he is a member of American Board of Trial Advocates.
Attorney Sullivan has published countless articles and presented at many seminars in the areas of legal ethics, civil litigation, products liability, separation of powers, court rule-making, corporate liability, employment and constitutional law.
He co-authored "Connecticut Legal Ethics and Malpractice" the first, and only, such treatise of its kind in Connecticut, which has been subsequently republished in four editions (the last being released in 2022). He authored a chapter on Connecticut Tort Law in Morton E. Daller's "Tort Law Reference: A Fifty-State Compendium," and authored a chapter on Connecticut Product Liability Law in Daler's "Product Liability Desk Reference."
He is actively involved in the local and statewide bar associations. He served as vice-chair of the Judicial Selection Committee, which is responsible for reviewing and vetting applications from attorneys seeking appointment as Superior Court judges, and evaluating incumbent judges for reappointment and elevation to the Appellate and Supreme Courts.
Attorney Sullivan is an active triathlete. He has been recognized as an All American by the United States Triathlon Association and has participated in two Ironman races, and he has completed approximately 20 marathons (including the Boston Marathon over 10 times).
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1992
- Honors: With Honors
- Boston College
- B.A. - 1986
- University of Connecticut
- M.A. - 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Connecticut Legal Ethics and Malpractice
- AV rating, Martindale Hubbell
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Past Member of Common Council, City of New Britain
- Past Chair of Claims Commission, City of New Britain
- Past Chairman of Ethics Commission, City of New Britain
- Past President, University of Connecticut School of Law Alumni Association
- Past Board Member, Hartford Marathon Foundation
- Board of Editors, Connecticut Law Tribune
- Board of Editors, Connecticut Bar Journal
- Past President, Parish Council, St. Thomas the Apostle Church
- The of Board of Advisors for the Downtown YMCA of Greater Hartford
- Connecticut Supreme Court Justice Robert J. Callahan, Clerk
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Hartford County Bar Association, Past President
- New Britain Bar Association
- Supreme Court Historical Society
- American Board of Trial Advocacy